Locally's "Ship To Store" feature enables retailers to accept orders from shoppers for products they don't have in stock, but are available at participating brand warehouses.
Set Up Instructions
- Step 1: Claim your Locally.com account
- Step 2: Accept your "Ship To Store Support" permission
- Step 3: Add store hours to your store profile
- Step 4: Add recipient(s) to receive order notifications
- Step 5: Contact Locally to go-live
Step 1: Claim your Locally.com account
- Start by claiming your Locally.com account. Go to "Step 1: Claim Your Account" and follow the instructions.
Step 2: Accept your "Ship To Store Support" permission
- Once you are logged in, you need to accept the "Ship to Store Support" permission for the brand(s) who have invited you to participate
- In your Locally dashboard, go to https://www.locally.com/station/panel/pending_bsr_requests/index. Under "Pending Requests" you should see the request. Click Approve.
Step 3: Add store hours to your store profile
- Enter your store hours so Locally knows when to send you order notifications. This way, you'll receive notifications for orders placed after business hours when you open the next day.
- Add Store Hours at https://www.locally.com/station/panel/our_stores/index. Click your store(s) and click the "Hours" tab. Enter your hours and hit save.
Step 4: Add recipient(s) to receive order notifications
- To receive notifications about orders, add at least one recipient per store to receive order notifications via email (and/or text message)
- Do this by loading your Buy It Locally Setup screen at https://www.locally.com/station/panel/paths_to_purchase/create#1 and jump to Step 2: Notification Schedule.
- Add at least one recipient per store. Email is required, text is optional. By default we send notifications to any recipients during the Store Hours you entered in Step 3. You only need to use the "scheduler" function if you want multiple staff to receive notices on different days - most stores do not need this.
Step 5: Contact Locally to go-live
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or open a ticket here with the subject line "Ship To Store Activation for [NAME OF COMPANY]"
- We will review your setup to confirm completion and enable you
How Ship To Store works
How to view orders
- When an order is placed, the brand will first confirm fulfillment on their side. When this happens, the recipient(s) you entered in Step 4 above will receive an order alert. You will then receive additional alerts via email as they process and ship the product. The order screen accessible via the emails or your Order History dashboard will also show you where it is in the process.
- In rare cases, the brand may be unable to fulfill the order. In this case, the order is cancelled and no further action is needed. You will be notified by email if this occurs.
How to coordinate shopper pickup
- When the product arrives, it is the store's responsibility to notify the shopper when the product is ready for pickup.
- Use Locally's "messaging" feature on the order screen to communicate when the shopper can come in and pick up the item.
- Ship to Store orders are pre-paid. The shopper does not need to pay for anything in their Locally order when they arrive.
How to get paid
- Retailers who fulfill Ship To Store orders receive a revenue-share. This split is defined by the brand. Locally remits proceeds to retailers monthly via paper check.
- You can see any revenue owed at https://www.locally.com/station/panel/billing_invoices/index
- To get paid, we need you to fill out your remittance information. Go to https://www.locally.com/station/panel/our_billing_accounts/index and complete the page. Uploading the W-9 is required, please do not skip this step!
- Once your remittance information is complete, you will receive a paper check in the mail at the address you entered in your remittance information. Locally cuts checks monthly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I accept Ship To Store orders for more brands?
To offer Ship To Store, you must work with a brand who is offering Ship to Store through Locally. Please reach out to brands you feel would be interested and encourage them to participate!